• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering box is loose. Any Tutorials on fixing?

540ismiley

NAXJA Forum User
I need to tighten my steering box down. While I am at it I would like to reinforce it. Can someone tell me what i need to do. I think that is the reason I am having death wobble at 55mph. Also do you think that the OME steering stab will help?

Pictures would be great
thanks

540ismiley said:
I need to tighten my steering box down. While I am at it I would like to reinforce it. Can someone tell me what i need to do. I think that is the reason I am having death wobble at 55mph. Also do you think that the OME steering stab will help?

Pictures would be great
thanks

I've got an 89, and all I did was pull each bolt out one at a time, check that it was..or wasn't bent..then replace it with an 8 hardness bolt same size. There were 3 bolts to do. As it happened, one was missing and two bolts looked like a bananna, so sure, it helped. I'm sure others have more info on reinforcing brackets and the like.

Back