• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best grill mounted lights

540ismiley

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for some auxillary lights to mount on the grill. what should I look for.
I like driving with alot of light
thanks
josh

540ismiley said:
Looking for some auxillary lights to mount on the grill. what should I look for.
I like driving with alot of light
thanks
josh

Have you got a set of E-code H4-type headlights installed yet? I'd do that first then see if aux lighting is still needed. Hella or IPF are great quality. Get or build a relay harness, and install some 170/100 (or 145/100, 130/90) H4 bulbs.

If more 'distance light' is needed, I'd get a pair of Hella Rallye 4000... one euro beam and one pencil beam. For fogs, I have heard great things about the Hella Micro-DE. Hella products: www.rallylights.com

I used a set of 150w KC Daylighter pencil beams on my MJ... they work great for long-range lighting, and the price is reasonable ($100 +- for a pair) but are a little bit 'deep' to fit well on a factory XJ/MJ bumper.

im running silverstars [want to do the H4 and wiring upgrade asp], and a set of IPF lights they are the low end model that are $120 they came withe 55w bulbs and i upgraded to the 100w ones they are great on twisy or hilly roads but they still lack a little on a good straight road like a interstate where you are driving faster. one thing you have to remeber that these are driving/flood type lights so they wont throw a long distence spot like you might want for interstate driving. but i still love them.

I was thinking about these lights IFP H$ with H4 Magic J-Bulbs. and on the front of the grill mounting 4 6½" 55/130W PIAA STYLE FOG LIGHTS. Think that would be enough light?

And myabe some of the factory fog lamps, just for looks

Last edited:
540ismiley said:
I was thinking about these lights IFP H$ with H4 Magic J-Bulbs. and on the front of the grill mounting 4 6½" 55/130W PIAA STYLE FOG LIGHTS. Think that would be enough light?

And myabe some of the factory fog lamps, just for looks

woh, whats that train doing on the trail:D

Back