• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise/Turn Signal/Wiper Stalk

XJade

NAXJA Forum User
My multi-function stalk (turn signal/cruise/wipers) on the steering column is physically broken. The plastic(?) housing is cracked all the way around the diameter of the stalk. Just wondering if this is most likely the culprit to my wiper problems. Wipers:

A) Won't return to zero.
B) Operate at one speed...and VERY slowly.

Every other function works fine except cruise and wipers. I'm not so concerned with the cruise function right now.

1) Do I have more than one culprit as far as the wiper problem?
2) I'm gonna change out that stalk anyways. It's been neglected for far too long. Should I go with an expensive factory replacement? Or will one from Autozone, etc. be reliable enough. I've read that this is a fairly common GM style turn lever.
3) How involved is it to change out this stalk? Any thing I should be cautious about in that column? I've changed out the key cylinder before and that wasn't too bad a job except having fingers not suited for tiny spaces.

Thanks ahead.

if you want to check the wiper switch, unplug the delay module (velcroed undre the dash on the left knee bolster) and bypass it then both speed functoins should work and park when shut off if the switch itself is busted that could be the problem. there is also a chanch the wiring in the turn signal stalk could be chaffed inside the insulation for the cruise control.

Back