• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! Quick Track Bar Question

sullju

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to install an adjustable front track bar from RE on my 95 ZJ. I can't find alot of help over at NAGCA so I'll give it a shot here. The rear track bar was a struggle, but I finally got it out. But now, I cant seem to get the front bar removed at the ball joint on the frame side. I've borrowed a buddy's air compressor and air hammer with pickel fork, but I can't get it to break free. Is there a certain method to use? Thanks a lot for any help.

I use a "hand drive" pickle fork and a BFH. The air hammer method only works on newer stuff.

Heres what worked for me!1/2" bolt and rod coupling and a few spacers.Built a "little jack" between the frame and the "rod end",get it as tight as possble(if the joint doesnt break loose),one good pop with the hammer and it flew out of there!

Back