• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Popping like a mad man

DESTRUCTION

NAXJA Forum User
Hello I need some help. About 3 months ago i was offroading and i thought i was a pro baja racer and slammed into a ditch causing my front end to rip back into my oil pan, cracking the distributor and ripped the lower control arm bracket off the axle. So 3 months lateri finaly got everything back to normal but im having this masive popping action going on when i accelerate hard. Like if im at a dead stop and i rev it to 3000 rpm then pour on the clutch the front end will probly pop 4-5 times and you can feel it through the floor pretty bad. It will also do it at random times, say i hop a curb real quik or even a quik speed bumb. Ive checked everything pretty close up but I just cant tell what in the world it is. So please if someone has some suggestions it will help thx.

did u get a new axle after you jamed it upinto your block? sounds like a bearing getting stressed in your front axle, i had tis problem once...

good luck - sorry for your misshaps (i hate it when dumb stuff happens)

I would check the right side motor bolts into the block.Ihave seen many 5 speed XJ's break all three bolts,which allows the motor to move excessivly & the fan hits the shroud.Hopefully you didnt break the block mounting "ears"

if you suspect your 30's gears are the culprit, open the cover and look at em

Control arms, track bar, dif.
Take a day and spend it under your rig.
Feel joints, and have someone inside turn the wheel back and forth while you look for movement.
Have fun.

Ok so i got off my ass and went through everthing i could go through. Control arms, Motor and trans mounts, track arm, ball joints and even the axle bearings for binding. Nothing shows signs of play at all, and now its starting to pop in bumps in the road. I am REALLLLY confused please if you have an idea ill check it. But for now im clueless thx

look at the frame mounts where the control arms are bolted to the frame... as well as your track bar mount on the frame.. do you get the noise when you are cutting the wheel hard like in and out of parking spaces?

Back