• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wilderness Rally a Success

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Thanks to Del Albright of FOTR and Jon Crowley for putting it together.

I wish we could have parked all the rigs right on the Capitol lawn, but alas, that would have led to jail time for sure. :shock:

In any case thanks to those that came, though I didn't get to meet Jim and/or Sharon. Didn't really know who i was looking for, though!

People who couldn't make it: We've all got to get fired up about these kinds of land grabs, especially the younger members of our little club. You guys have got to combat this kind of collectivist thinking in your high schools and colleges before it's too late. Also realize that WHO YOU VOTE FOR makes a big difference. If you're voting for Democrats, you are voting to close YOUR trails down. Don't be fooled by their compassionate tone, their backers are the hardest of hard core enviro nuts!

GET IT!

CRASH

Glad to hear it was successful. Wish I could have made it, but I was gettin' my rig runnin'. 8)

You guys listen to what Crash is sayin', he knows what he's talkin' about. It's up to us to keep them from takin' our sport away from us and closing pulic land to future users. :evil:

:idea: If you can afford it, join the CA4WDC.

Maybe 150 to 200? I'm bad at estimating crowds, but that seems about right. Could have been bigger, but it's a good start. Gave my card to a couple of people in the know, so they can rely on me for contacts at some of the state agencies. :wink:

Keven, is the junk running?

Andy

:D YES IT IS!!!!
Installed the new rod bearings and left the mains alone.
I have one small issue though:
at idle I have very good oil pressure, however, when I drive it the oil pressure slowly drops (almost to nothing)then slowly comes back up at idle. Do I have a partially plugged oil filter? I'll address this tommorrow with a new filter.

That could be it. Engines are kind of a black hole to me, I know how to build 'em and so forth, but diagnosing stuff is kind of beyond me.

Good Luck!

I wish I would have been there instead of getting my Jeep smashed on both the front and the back. Good news though, I get money for it. Got to try out my homemade front bumper and see how strong it was. Got a crack in one weld and then the pre runner part bent back a little. The Honda in front of me didnt enjoy it much though, she needs a whole new trunk area. I will definatey support the next one, I think I am still a little young.

Rob

yeah it was just a small four car pile-up at a stop light, I was car #3. I had a rear basket type carrier in the trailer hitch that got destroyed and so I only got a couple of dents in the rear bumper, which is cool because I was getting rid of it anyways. The basket and hitch took all the force. The Expedition that hit me pushed me into a Honda Civic which took the beating from my front home made bumper. It messed it up a bit so I think I need a new one. Because of the bumper though the Honda got the worst damage, it pushed the trunk and rear panels in about 1.5 ft. The jeep drives fine maybe just a little jitter but it goes in on Monday for estimates. The scary thing was that my wife eith our two kids was in front of the Honda that I hit but they got away fast enough. Everyone is fine and just gives me an excuse for building bumpers. Thanks for the concern, see ya soon.

Rob

Back