• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best gears for this setup ?

SVT

NAXJA Forum User
Allrighty then, 99 with d30 & 8.25 with 242 Tcase, running 3.55's I have 32x1150 MTR's & there the bomb, but I want to buy a toy tire, looking at the LTB 34x1050's . I want to run both tires ,what would be the best gears in a perfect world ? I'm leaning towards 4.56's cause thats the biggest I can go , but will they turn those 34" & are they too much for the 32's ? Can you help this farmer ? :rolleyes:

SVT said:
Allrighty then, 99 with d30 & 8.25 with 242 Tcase, running 3.55's I have 32x1150 MTR's & there the bomb, but I want to buy a toy tire, looking at the LTB 34x1050's . I want to run both tires ,what would be the best gears in a perfect world ? I'm leaning towards 4.56's cause thats the biggest I can go , but will they turn those 34" & are they too much for the 32's ? Can you help this farmer ? :rolleyes:
4.56 will be good, but when you get the 34's you will be itching to have 4.88's. Regears cost a bundle when you figure everything so with that in mind, why not look into getting a d44 or an 8.8 from a boneyard and getting 4.88's so that you don't do it all twice? I had 4.88's with 31's for couple weeks and it wasn't bad on the freeway and I loved it offroad. Then I had 33's and it was still really nice off road and really nice on the highway.

When I regear mine in a couple weeks, I'm going for 4.88s. Right now I have 32s, but I will go up to 33s once those wear out. Later, if the money gods are nice to me, I'm planing on 35s. The 4.88s might be a bit low for the 32's, but with the 33s and 35's it should be fine.

your stuck with 4.56's since there is no 4.88's available for the 8.25. I would suggest sticking with 33"s and 4.56's which isn't to much for that rear to handle.

I'm not stuck with anything man.. theres always new diffs.. but yeah I knew 4.56 were the loest I could go with the 8.25.. this cracker did a little bit of home work lol. any ways anyone seen or run boggers in a 33x10.50 ? Im all about the pizza cutters

Back