• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unhappy with poly leaf spring bushings

XAIRCAV

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced my stock springs with add-a-leaf and block with 3" BDS spring packs. I let the counter guy talk me into Energy Suspension poly bushings.
They transmit a lot of road noise and every ripple and bump into the vehicle.
If I replace them with rubber can I do one end at a time with a big clamp or do they have to be pressed in off the vehicle?

They typically need pressed in,and most likely do not use factory bushings so you'll have to find a part#/"dimension".

best way to get them out i think is with a torch. just melt them out. and to put your new rubber ones in you should be able to greese them up real good and do them with a jack and your gas tank skid plate

WIll

hmm ive got those rear springs with a 1.75 shackle too. they flex pretty good. they will ride pretty rough till they get broken in, then there pretty nice. what coils are u running?

kolby

If you don't have a torch you can get stock bushings out by drilling out some of the rubber, then hammering the sleeve so it collapses on itself a little, then stick a socket inside the sleeve, now held in by the fact that the sleeve is partially collapsed, and hammer it out. Just place a socket or a piece of wood over the new one and hammer it into place. It's pretty easy.

lankchevy said:
hmm ive got those rear springs with a 1.75 shackle too. they flex pretty good. they will ride pretty rough till they get broken in, then there pretty nice. what coils are u running?

kolby
I have BDS 3" lift coils and BDS shocks. My complaint is not with the springs but the hard bushings. Right now I am riding around with four 50lb bags of play sand in the back to break everything in.

Back