• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad Shifting

greenday9d1

NAXJA Forum User
Got in my '92 XJ last night and backed out of my driveway just fine... then I attempted to shift into drive and found a brand new problem for my car. The shifter didn't want to go past neutral. It kinda got stuck right in between neutral and drive until I pushed it really hard. So it still gets into drive, but not very well. I know nothing about transmissions, so any help is much appreciated.

Now I actually have to push the button on the shifter to get it into drive.

Still looking for a little help with this one... I took the center console off today to try and figure it out and I'm still in the dark. My Hanes manual mentions the throttle linkage adjuster and how to take it off but nothing about how to adjust anything. I don't even know if that's the right thing to do. Please, if anyone knows what this is, let me know.

That is very helpful, thank you! I'll let you know if that's enough to fix my problem!

Back