• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help, Fuel or Ignition

Status
Not open for further replies.

live24wheel

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I am calling on you guys help once more. My Jeep is
seriously making me mad. It is a 1990, with the 4.0 and auto. I was on my way up to run the
pipeline trail north of Phoenix, Arizona when my Jeep was running perfectly fine then started lurching, just exactly as if it were missing. I was getting on the 17 and was on the on ramp from the 101 and it stalled out all
together. I coasted off the ramp onto the side of the freeway and tried starting it several times and all it would do was putter at a very low rpm for a couple seconds and then totally stall out, probabaly like 100 - maybe 200
rpm... (i have no tach). It happened like 15 or so times... Then I
let it cool from the normal temp of 210 degrees and it got down to around about 180 degrees and then it did its putter thing for about 2 - 3 seconds and then jumped imedietly up to its idle speed and so I turned around and came home. It didn't bother me again all the way home... Also at different times if I let it sit there and idle it will start to putter and if i give it any gas or "bleep" the throttle it will stall out. It only started doing this about a week ago. I changed the fuel filter about a week and a half ago so it's not that... I also put plugs, wires, a cap and rotor on about 5,000 miles ago so it couldn't be that. I am at a total loss! PLEASE HELP!!

Tom

This question has nothing to do with modifications, and you also posted it on the OEM Forum -- which is where it belongs. In the future, please DO NOT post the same question, item or story on multiple forums.

This thread is closed. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back