• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whiteboy designs tailights/side protection

AzRick

NAXJA Forum User
Although not nearly as bling bling as the new Farmboy Designs tailights, I've come up with my own version, the "WhiteBoy Designs" tailights and rock protection. My inspiration came earlier this year at the BOTW run in Parker, when, my so called friends decided my beautiful XJ should be pummeled with rocks.

I know it's just a start, but I figure by next years BOTW I should have the entire XJ covered in diamond plate. I gotta keep this one pretty, you know.
tailight.jpg

These are 100% booty fab....ulous. Built entirely with a chop saw, and stuck together with my 110 welder.

They won't be for sale, however, as it's frickin' hot and I'm tired.

Rick

BrettM said:
looks good, what thickness? it's really a shame MJ taillights are different from XJ ones or I'd get a set of Matt's

It's 12 ga, I believe, maybe 14ga. It's not super thick, but the diamonds do make it quite a bit stronger than sheet.

I picked a big piece of it from the remnant pile at my local steel yard for 28 bucks. With steel prices as high as they are now, I wasn't gonna pass up a deal.

Rick

Looks nice, well done.

Still using those incandescents, huh? When are you going to step into the 21st century and upgrade your lighting choice? :D
BTW, I like the little lip that protects the side of the hatch, nice touch.

"They won't be for sale, however, as it's frickin' hot and I'm tired." This had me lmao! :D BTW, I also like the fender cut job with the box tubing welded in...at least that's what I think you did. Jeff

Back