• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tube Fenders...

BennettXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i mangled one of my flares the other day. dont really feel like buying a new one and painting it, so im gonna go flareless. got me thinking tho, i want to try something different....flareless with a bit more functionality:
i was thinkin about fabbin up some sort of tube fenders, like on C/Y/TJs. i was thinking they could tie into my rock rails for support, and i dunno really where else. arb up front maybe, or make a bracket/shock hoop? to the frame/hitch in the rear maybe? i dunno, its all just somethin i came up with today, but i think itd be sweet to have some good protection and a point to grab on to if someones spotting....
i dont think id want to really extend the fenders much, no extra sheetmetal or anything, but just get some DOM tube and run it along the outside of the wheelwell, but tie it in, so that itd be secure enough to take an impact or spotter pull. no more ripping flares off on trees
any ideas?
-Ben

that sounds like a good idea, if you get it done be sure and post some pictures. i would think tying it into the rocker rails and bumper would be sufficient, but thats just my thinking.

Back