• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front leafs and a Waggy 44

Fletch85

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to put leaf springs up front on my XJ and also throw a waggy 44 up front. I think it will be pretty staight forward. I was just wondering if there is anything I need to know before I start this project.

steering was the hard part for me...what I have now works but I'm not happy with it...I guess with a 44 you can do high steer no problem, right?

Yeah, Im going to put some stock YJ springs on it at first and see how it sits, with that setup I can run the waggy steering, but if I have to go higher I will get the arms.What I am most worried about is the perches. Does anyone know if I will have any trouble mounting them in the right position on the 44.

I would highly recommend crossover or highsteering. YJ springs will give about 4-5 inches of lift, but also depends how/where you make your spring hangars, I would definitely add an extra long leaf to stock YJ packs. mounting the perches is pretty easy, on the driver's side you'll have to weld onto cast, just pre and post heat the cast.

read this thread too: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27835
front_d44.jpg

Back