• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What PSI is a TBI 2.5?

I believe it is supposed to be 39lbs.

I have a Renix fuel injection manual for my 86(which I think is the same as yours) and it details how to adjust fuel pressure(the fuel pressure regulator is part of the throttle body). It calls for 14.5psi at 2000rpm.

Ron Hyslop said:
I have a Renix fuel injection manual for my 86(which I think is the same as yours) and it details how to adjust fuel pressure(the fuel pressure regulator is part of the throttle body). It calls for 14.5psi at 2000rpm.

On this one, at least, Chilton FI manual is in agreement.

OK, I thought the pressure on the tbi model was the lower number and the mpi which came along in 88 if I'm correct was 39lbs just like the 4.0L. Anybody got a definitive on this?

I have the factory manual on the 85 tbi fuel injection manual if anybody is interested.

Last edited:
old_man said:
OK, I thought the pressure on the tbi model was the lower number and the mpi which came along in 88 if I'm correct was 39lbs just like the 4.0L. Anybody got a definitive on this?
The 4-banger didn't get MPI in 1988 -- MPI arrived in 1991, same year as the 4.0L. '88s were TBI

Your right. I went back and checked my specs and it showed up in 91. I must be loosing it. I could have sworn it happened earlier. I took an 85XJ with the Carter YFA carb setup and converted it to the tbi setup from an 87. It really made a big difference, but apparently not enough. I swapped that out for a 4.7L stroker a year or so later.

Back