• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting 89 XJ: Engine/trans etc.

BMWSOB

NAXJA Forum User
Depending on interest I will be parting out my 89 Cherokee limited. Good title

The problem is I just blew the new 99 transfercase I just put in because of driveline vibs. I was saving up for a SYE and then this happend on my way to work... aaaanyway, here's whats in it.

98 4.0 high output with 98 trans. complete, wiring harness has been modified at the ends for instalation in 89 chassis. all the wires are there, some plug ends are missing. It has a brand new water pump. Custom fuel system that allows the return style fuel system on the 89 chassis to work with the non return style of the engine.

Cooling system. Brand new, 1 week old, open style radiator. It has the filler neck on the driver side tank. New electric fan with stand alone temp controler.

The front end is a 2000 non-disco d30. Has new driver u-jiont. I have also have another ujoint and a spare set of hubs for it.

Suspension I have 4.5 inch coils up front and custom leafs in the rear. Pro comp shocks for 5 inches of lift.

Rear end d35. The only original part left besides the body. Has alot miles on it, it leaks. Still works great but could probably use a rebuild. Has new brakes.

I have a set of 4 ford ranger wheels with bfg 33s on them that worked pretty well. They are down on tread but are still usable.

Please email me at [email protected] with all offers. I would rather not ship anything thats big. I'm in central New Jersey. Cell # incase there are any questions, 732-616-3462.

The rear leafs are kinda like the Dakota pack build idea from a yj 3 inch skyjacker leaf, there is also an AAL in there to stiffen it up a little bit.

My overflow bottle cracked, thats why i finally did the cooling system swap. I think they are still on ebay pretty cheap new.

The D30 is a 3.54 with the 297 u-joints in it, nondisco.

I really don't mind ripping this thing apart but i would really like to have a buyer on the engine and trans before I start dismantling it. It would still work fine if there was a new transfercase in it so if someone wants to buy the whole thing i'll let it go for $2000.

Hey man, how much would u want for all four procomp shocks? I'm interested, very intersted, haha. I'm gettin a 3" AAL lift from Rusty's soon, would ur shocks work with this setup?

how much for just the trans?

At this point i don't want to seperate the trans. If you find a buyer for the engine, I will seperate it. As soon as there are buyers for the engine/trans, everything is going.

Or for 2,000 + a transfercase you can have a sweet ride

Any front tow hooks n brackets? Hasta

Thanks. :roll:

Back