• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rewire foglight switch for driving light?

y2kxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. I'm sorta lazy so when I put on my Manik brushguard (don't laugh I got it free when the company I work for bought out a truck accessory store and I'm saving for a "real" bumper) I threw on some Hella driving lights and connected them to the factory fog light harnesses since the lights were in the trash. THis works fine except that they only come on (as the factory fog lights do) with the low-beams. I want them on with the high beams so I don't blind people. Is there an easy way to switch this over? I want to still use my factory foglight switch to run these.
Little help?

Yes, you can change them to work with the high beams on. To do it, find the wire going to the switch in the dash which is hot with the low beams on. This is the wire which you need to switch over to be hot with the high beams on.

Back