• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Potentially more bad news for the Rubicon.

The BLM tried to shut down and area I used to ride motorcycles and still go to play in the Jeep sometimes. The only thing that saved it was when everyone started acting as the police. Report offenders and if necessary use force (just kidding on the force part :D).

I saw they have implemented it to some degree, I just hope it's not too late. Rubicon (and others) get more traffic than I could ever imagine. I don't want to see it stopped, but I don't want to see it littered with trash and shit.

Hope it doesn't happen and I hope Spyder is allowed to open back up.

Lincoln said:
I saw they have implemented it to some degree, I just hope it's not too late. Rubicon (and others) get more traffic than I could ever imagine. I don't want to see it stopped, but I don't want to see it littered with trash and shit.

Hope it doesn't happen and I hope Spyder is allowed to open back up.

I would imagine the area has been impacted, and maybe we in the sport were slow in reacting with cleanups and such, but damn, it does kinda suck to have something planned for 8 months..and come to find out you can't go do what you'd hoped you could all year long. You'd think the county, like Moab's county here in utah does, would realize along with the bad..comes thousands of dollars of tourist 'impact' too. Shrug..I'm sure we'll pack out, more than we bring in. If it were the Nevada side of the line, we'd just hang a few of the culprits and call it good..but being cali, they'd prolly get us for littering if the rope broke.

(added after a lil thought and research) ya know, the threads on there are facinating..shows what motivated people can do, the resources they can pull together. G'luck to everyone doing the 7th august cleanup. I'll be meeting some of you guys on the Con, a week from now, but wanted to thank ya ahead of time.

Last edited:
Back