• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow bracket/hooks/grill guard

skipc

NAXJA Forum User
I've looked at possible points to mount a tow bracket for towing an 89 XJ 4 down, but I don't see any place strong enough or with enough room, with the possible exception of underneath the sway bar brackets.

I'd like to custom fab brackets for towing, tow hook mounts, and a grill guard from the same attachment on the frame. Where does one attach on an 89 XJ? Perhaps someone has pics?

Thanks

I've seen several XJs being towed behind motorhomes and such. I haven't really thought about how they do it. You could do it on a aftermarket bumper with welded on tabs. Also, the place where tow hooks are attatched is very strong, and you could make a cross member to do it there. Or maybe a trailer hitch with the brackets welded on. I've no idea how any of those would work, so don't take my word for any of them. :gee:

one of my front 2" receiver hitches mounts to both swaybar bolts under the bar itself.. and the other uses onlt 1 of the bolts and another factory threaed hole farther back onthe frame... i am not sure where a towbar would be best mounted but the swaybar is a solid mounting location

mike

Back