• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

low idle after connecting the vac sys correctly

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday i connected all the vacuum hoses the way suppose to be some of them were disconnected, so I took it for a test drive and when I was at the stop sign the revs when low at around 350-400 without shouting down the engine and start to shaking a little bit I check all the vacuum hoses and every thing was ok, I also change the ignition coil, wires, cap and the rotor when I connect all vacuum hoses, but I don’t think that’s the problem any idea what could be causing this

Before you dig too deep into it, take your throttle body off and clean it. I just cleaned my '90 with some carb cleaner and it really makes a big difference. Be sure to take off the TPS and the IAC before you start. No need to take anything else off. Also clean the tip of the IAC before you put it back together. Be very careful not to strip the screws on the TPS. They are aluminum torx head. Use a pick to clean out the head before you try to loosen it.

ok i found the problem was the map sensor the hose was conected to the screw on the side of the map sensor mount

and now i only need to calibrate the tps

i just found that the egr valve is not good so i disconected and is runing like new my question is can i leave it like that or i have to replace it or any side effects i just check the price at www.autozone.com and its 65.00

Back