• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Cherokee

Joe R.

NAXJA Forum User
I had the guy tow the 91to my house tonight... I hooked jumper cables to it... it gets power, the engine is seized... the starter trys to crank it but it just clicks... I'll have to pull the head, see what I have to work with... The oil has no coolant in it.
~Joe~

Haven't tried... just got it at 8 o'clock.... I will work on it on sunday... I hate to pull the head... if I can get it to turn over without pulling it I will.. I'm hoping the pistons arent too seized..
~Joe~

Joe R. said:
Haven't tried... just got it at 8 o'clock.... I will work on it on sunday... I hate to pull the head... if I can get it to turn over without pulling it I will.. I'm hoping the pistons arent too seized..
~Joe~

Pull the spark plugs, squirt in a load of PB Blaster then some lightweight machine oil or motor oil, then some more PB Blaster. Or Liquid Wrench if you have that in squirt cans rather than aerosols. It doesn't evaporate as quickly as PB Blaster.

Back