• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ - $1000 - San Diego

clinthschmucker

NAXJA Forum User
A friend asked me to work on his XJ for him...after spending some time going through it, he does not want to spend the money to fix it. So, it is in my driveway waiting to be sold. Here are the specifics.
P1010216.jpg

1989 Cherokee Limited
4.0 Auto/
242 transfer Case/
D30 front axle, D35 rear axle
175K Miles
White Exterior
Grey Leather (in pretty good condition, rip in Drivers seat, Drivers seat frame is broken)
Sunroof (aftermarket)
Aftermarket cassette player with 10 disc CD Changer

Click here for more pictures

Here is what is wrong with it:

1) Needs a new Radiator (New GDI is in Cargo Area)
2) Needs a New Catalytic Converter
3) Needs a New Power Steering Pump
4) Needs a Tune Up
5) Not sure if it will smog...
6) Saggy Headliner
7) Rear Hatch hinge needs work
8) Needs rear window wiper

It will start and run, but the converter is plugged up, so it runs really bad. The PS pump squeels when you turn the wheel, but it does work after some force. He said that it would heat up really bad when he drove it, so he parked it a few years ago. I have not started to go through the cooling system, but I suspect that the radiator and new thermostat would help.

The registration is a few years overdue, I think it is registered as a non-op right now. The paint is white, and it in pretty good condition. It has some dents in the body, and the typical So Cal door dings, but overall it is in good condition for an 89. It does not have any of the factory skid plates. The XJ was purchased new at John Elway Jeep in Denver Colorado. Current owner is the original owner.

He would like to get $1000 for it. That price includes a NEW GDI 3 Row radiator, 6 quarts of oil and some window washer fluid...;-)

For more information, send an e-mail to:

[email protected]

Back