• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flairs/No Flairs, other

Flair or not to Flair

• Flairs trimmed to body line

Votes: 46 22.8%
  • No flairs

Votes: 96 47.5%
  • Bushwackers

Votes: 55 27.2%
  • Rusty's

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsxj98

DILIGAF
Ok so Im looking at my XJ and cant decide to go with factory flairs which I have trimmed up to the body line, no flairs, bushwackers, or rusty's.
So I thought I would post a little poll and see what the majority prefers.

I am the lone voter for Bushwhackers! If its gonna be driven on the street, a lot of places require that the tires be covered.

2nd vote for bushwackers!
If you take your time and do them right, they work pretty good. Rusty's are said to be brittle. Stock flares are ok if you don't have a lot of tire to cover, but if you have a 97+ you are going to have to get something else to fit anything bigger than 32s, usually. Another option is fiberglass fenders.

go necked or go home or jail if your state won't let you.

ps Mark WNC has a set of bushwackers for sale cheap.

Who needs flairs??? If the cop gives you trouble lose um off-road!!! :laugh2:

I am leaning towards no flairs. I run 33" TSL's with mine trimmed up to the body line. except that I keep knocking the front flairs off at full flex. My 6.5" lift will be on by mid week and I think it is time to ditch the flairs and trim more than i am trimmed now.

i love the no flares idea you just get more mud on your jeep but, i cant get inspected here in analsylvania w/out flares. so i would go with TJ flares there cheap and look good if done right.

big cherokee said:
tj flairs all the way they cover my 35's on ten inch rims just fine.

My votes for TJs as well, some installs look great, just depends on how much time you spend on them. Plus they are 1/3 the price of Rustys or Bushwackers ;)

- Kevin

3rd vote for bushwacker FLARES...not flairs...
And this topic was covered over and over again, wasn't it? :read:

Rear TJ flares, front and rear.

Hasta

No flares for me....like the look and so far I haven't been hasseled by any coppers! when you roll the back fenders in you can probably get away with it, it's the fronts that you may have to worry about....clean cut and all!!

mike

No Flares are much easier to deal with, but i live in cali so i had to have something sooner or later. I got the bushwackers they swallow my MTR's and look good but they rub turning lock to lock with 35's on the front. I could cut the bottom off the bushwackers to get rid of the notch that follows the body lines and i can then move them up and back or i can just run TJ flares on the front which is what i plan on doing.

Matt

XJ_Matt said:
No Flares are much easier to deal with, but i live in cali so i had to have something sooner or later. I got the bushwackers they swallow my MTR's and look good but they rub turning lock to lock with 35's on the front. I could cut the bottom off the bushwackers to get rid of the notch that follows the body lines and i can then move them up and back or i can just run TJ flares on the front which is what i plan on doing.

Matt
We actually gotta have flares?? I didn't know that.

I've been running Bushwackers for a couple of years now. I rolled the XJ over on them and they are scratched a bit, but they held up pretty good. That's why the Avatar is the way it is. Cherokee's are fun when you are dropping off a ledge and the power steering quits.

I'm actually working on the molds for some new flares for XJ's and should be done in a month or so. I see a need for flares for the more extreme vehicles with more trimming. The Bushwackers have a pretty limited range. I'm even working on a fairly quick release system so you can run them to the trail to keep legal, but pop them off so you don't mangle them on the rocks.

I saw somewhere that a someone was using zip ties to put their flares on instead of nuts and bolts. Supposedly the ties will break before the flares get damaged. Haven't tried it yet and don't know what size zip ties.

Robert Hasta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back