• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DT and procomp shocks

ES3000s suck a$$. I had them on my XJ when I bought it (used) and they had such a harsh ride. On the road it felt as though they'd rattle your teeth out.

-Jared

I have the DT 3000's and the ride on the road is awesome. Only problem is their kinda stiff on the trails. Just last night I hit a bump and it pulled the right front shock through the washer, bushing and out underneath the wheelwell. I couldn't find the washer but I managed to get the bushing back on and retighten the nut. Think I might go with Rancho's when I upgrade again.

Do NOT trust pro-comp shocks.

I had the ES3000's, and after 5k miles they wore out and caused major cupping on my tires.

Go for the DT's

The ProComps sucked pretty bad for me. Liked already mentioned, they rode very rough, and they were shot within a month. Both rear shocks wouldn't even compress or decompress, at all. The DoetschTechs ride pretty nice for a hydraulic shock, and lasted about 6 months for me. Problem with the DT3000's is the shaft will rust, and when it goes into the seal, the rust will tear it up, busting the seal, then the shock is shot. Doetsch Tech knows about this problem and WILL NOT warranty the shocks. You are supposed to, and I quote, "crawl under the jeep and wipe the shafts clean everytime they get dirty to prevent rusting", according to them. Why should you have to clean the shafts? I drive down a dirt road everyday, so I am not going to wipe anything under my jeep everytime I drive it.
I guess what I am getting at is, the shocks might be cheap, but how cheap are they when they have to be replaced in less than six months, or even a year? If you don't live near dirt roads, mud, salt, or areas of high humidity, then DT's would be a better choice than PC's, but in IMO, they both suck. Save your money and get OME's or Bilsteins. The OME's ride awesome, have a two year warranty that they stand by, and you don't have to clean them...ever. If you have to buy two sets of DT's in one year because they failed, then you just paid for the OME's.
:soapbox:

Back