• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

J.C. Whitney fender?

MisterMotorist

NAXJA Forum User
My daughter crunched the drivers side front fender and I was thinking that since I gotta paint anyhow, it might be faster and less sanding if I just bought a replacement fender. I see that J.C. Whitney sells replacement fenders (people on ebay, too) for $50.00 (and there is a sale now)

(1) Any advice re: buying fenders from JC Whipme
(2) A better source
(3) Ignore dent
(4) pound out with big hammer and go with the "off road look)

I know Quadratec and 4WD Hardware sell them for around $100 a pop. I would stay away from Quadratec though. I just went through a month of hell trying to get a fender for my 87 XJ.

1) They sent me the wrong year fender. I sent it back.
2) They sent me the correct fender but heavily damaged. They package them like sh*t. Barely any packing material to withstand abuse. I sent it back.
3) They sent me the wrong year fender AGAIN!! I sent it back.
4) A month later I get what I ordered...undamaged. Yippee!!!

Haven't put the fender on yet. It seems like a decent fender although the factory fender seems a bit thicker. This aftermarket fender is made by Crown Automotive.

http://www.4wd.com/

http://www.quadratec.com/

About 14 years ago I used a pair of J.C. Whitney fenders on a full-size Cherokee. They were Chinese, but they fit fine and with all the rustproofing I shot on prior to installation, they held up through the four or five New England winters I had the truck.

Fast forward to three years ago when I needed front fenders for an MJ. My brother got them for me through Erik Veng. Again, Chinese. Thinner gauge than OEM. Contours are basically right and they bolted up okay, but neither side fits quite tight against the bottom of the A pillar at the base of the windshield. But, for the price I paid (I won't even print it, 'cause my brother gets trade prices) I can't complain.

Jneary is correct. They're "okay" but if you really want it to fit RIGHT go OEM.

Back