• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How high am I?

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering if their was a way to figure out how much lift i have since i have trimmed my fenders. also what is the stock measurement from ground to bottom of rocker, know that wont be lift height but just curious, still would also like to know how to tell. thanks in advance

If you have the stock flares, it's 17.5" from wheel center to front flare, and 17.0" from wheel center to rear flare. I have not compared my measurements to this http://www.mike-g.net/jeep/yinyang/tech/rideheight/ , but because I see an SUA rear axle instead of a Cherokee SOA it's questionable.

I realize that's what it said, but that's why I also included the link. Then again, trimming the fenders doesn't always mean removing the flares, does it?

thats true, but i tossed my flairs some time ago. thanks for the link

A few weeks ago I posted the official measurements from the FSM, taken from the axle tubes to the frame. Someone else added the pics from the FSM. I don't have it bookmarked but if you run a search it should show up.

JCSXJ said:
If you still have short arms, measure the verticle seperation of both mounting points.
However, we need a few stock XJs to measure those points and see what the difference is between the two. As was pointed out, measuring from the ground doesn't take tire size or pressure into account. I'll look around later and see if I can come up with any other ride height measurements...

Did you actually read the thread? If you did, did you understand it? Go back to the thread and read post #6. It measures actual lift height, not lift and tires.......just suspension lift height. :shocked:

Eagle - that's the same link as was posted earlier...the "official dirty method" thread.

JCSXJ said:
Did you actually read the thread? If you did, did you understand it? Go back to the thread and read post #6. It measures actual lift height, not lift and tires.......just suspension lift height. :shocked:
Actually, according to YOUR post #6 in that thread...
On XJ's, the factory short arms are parallel to the ground. So all I did was measure from the ground to the center line of the control arm bolts. Then find out the difference. So if the axle mount bolt was 11" to the center line and the body mount bolt was 16 1/4", I know I have roughly 5 1/4" of lift. Don't know if it's the proper way but it worked for me.
I added the italics, just for good measure. Now I ask again and this time specifically to you - are the control arms exactly parallel on a stock XJ? In other words, what is the delta between the two measurements you cite?

Just to make it easier we measured several new XJ's a couple years back,depending on the tire fitment it was 13-13.5" to the bottom of the framerail(at the crossmember)!

Back