• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC seems to freeze up

MattS

NAXJA Forum User
I just had my evaporator replaced. There was a leak around it. Now, after my air has been running for a while, on a 2 speed for instance, and blowing fine, it will start blowing a lesser amount of air. It's like a 2 speed seems like a 1 speed, the 1 speed hardly blows any air. After I cut it off for a while, everything works like normal. There is no noise or anything that lets you know when this happens, just a lesser air speed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
sounds like whoever replaced the evaporator didn't get the capliary tube for cycling switch back into the core properly. this will cause the compressor to run continuously and ice up the core.

MattS said:
Is that something I can fix?
Not unless you want to rip your dash apart to get at the evaporator core, located inside the heater plenum. If you were the one who paid for the new evaporator, you should insist that the guys who did the work properly install the capillary tube into the evaporator.

Back