• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New TPS and IAC installation

From looking at how the IAC works, I doubt it's causing any of the problems you describe in another thread. As for the TPS, yes there is an adjustment procedure that you'll find in a forum search, that you can do with a relatively inexpensive digital voltmeter. It basically amounts to turning it on it's mounting screws until output voltage is a certain percentage of input voltage.

The most important thing to do is to make sure the electrical circuit between those gizmos and the ECU is good. Clean the contacts with some plastic safe contact cleaner and lube them with some grease made for the purpose.

Adjustment is probably more critical for an automatic than a manual. I have a manual trans and I put on an almost free junkyard TPS just yesterday, as seems to be the most commonly prescribed remedy for just about any idling problem that can't be solved by just leaning things up. Just mounted it up and set it to about the middle of it's range and it worked fine. I'm not gonna mess with adjusting it unless I find mileage has gone to crap or something, because it presently idles and runs out just fine.

A stuck or dirty IAC can cause hard starting right? It was cleaned at the time of rebuild, not replaced. I have already done the cleaning and regreasing of all connectors with no change, including the main one on the firewall above the brake booster. I think i will have a mechanic put on the TPS to make sure it is right.
Thanks,
Cory

Back