• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Catylitic converter

Joe R.

NAXJA Forum User
My cat just started rattling yesterday. It is a high flow car-sound cat I have right now. It didnt last me more than 40,000 miles. I thought they last longer than that. But anyways, it is a 95 4.0L... I just want a stock one to throw on. I am going to be taking it off the road soon so I can run my 90 xj with the lift. Havent been offroad in 2 years!!! It is really getting to my head. But yea, where is the cheapest place to get it? Thanks!
~Joe~

Since you know a decent welder, you can pick up a universal fit from any of the auto parts chains. If you want a "direct fit" with the front flange, as far as I know the Catco from Summit Racing is still the best price available.

Try Summit Racing for an Oem type from Catco. Check for a loose heat shield before changing the cat, it could be the source of the rattle. At one time, people used to remove the inside of the cat when problems like yours happened, but that is illegal for an on road vehicle and won't pass a sniffer test.

Yeah, could be the heat shield. The heat shield on my oldest Catco fell off on the highway a couple of months ago, but I had kind of mucked it up so I don't fault the converter. By all means check that first.

We don't gut cats in Connecticut these days. Emissions testing started up again a few months ago. The program is on hold while they sue the company that screwed up the testing software, but it'll be back soon.

You could get Carsound cat from ebay for 40 bux and it has high flow. It worth to have one.

Back