• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Silver Lake Labor Day 04

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Who is up for some wheelin for this Labor day at silver Lake, MI?

There are guys from my area going (northern IN), but they are all TJ, YJ, type, I am only XJ. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to have a bunch of any Jeeps there so thought I would post. IM me or e-mail me with any info. [email protected]

This will be my first trip there.... what can I expect?

Thanks,
Jason

Red97XJ said:
This will be my first trip there.... what can I expect?

Mostly you can expect sand. Lots of it...in big piles. It's fun runnin up and down the big dunes. There's a couple you can have a go at jumping if you're brave enough. Some of the funnest part is watching the super trick sand rails launch. There's also a great beach for laying out (for the ladies). That's also the typical "car show" area.

Val-Du-Lakes is a fun party campground if that's what you're looking for in the evenings.

Here's a post with pics from a recent trip:
http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=943

what are the options for camping in the area? Anybody know?

Looking for something that won't be to loud and crazy as my boys are only 3 and 6 years old.

cost, distance, showers, tent spots, etc etc?????????????

I am going to be there later in the week after labor day. Who all is staying a while?

yikes

Last edited:
Red97XJ said:
Camping options?

C'mon guys, I am guessing I need to call and get reservations! I am going Labor day Weekend!!!

Jason

Sorry, can't tell you a whole lot other than val-du-lakes is likely not the choice for you. I wouldn't take my kids there, teen-20 something party crowd. I can say any of the grounds are driveable distance to the park aired down. There only like 5 mins away.

Back