• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replace the brake booster but............

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I replaced a bad brake booster in my 96 with a remanufactured unit. The brakes work much better, but the pedal seems to be lower to the floor when the brakes are depressed. Also the brake lights always stay on now. I installed the new booster with the same spacer and foam seal between the fire wall and the spacer. Any ideas?

Just got back from looking at it again. It looks like the brake pedal rod is a little shorter on the new one. I read in another post that someone removed the spacer between the booster and the firewall to make up for the difference. Instead of removing the spacer I pushed the brake light switch further down on the bracket so it would hit the pedal when the pedal was not being depressed. It fixed the situation with the brake lights but the pedal goes down about 1/4" or more than before.

-Mike

Back