• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caddy Air Compressor for ARB Locker??

I just finished putting mine in today. I used the stock caddy relay that came with it. If you need more info or some pictures pm me. Also, I read somewhere that these things put out 130psi. I have 2 and they both put out maybe 100psi. I ordered my pressure switch before I figured that out so I had to order another one. I ended up with an adjustable nason unit that comes on @ 85psi and off @ just about 98psi.

YES! DO IT! It's easy to set up the caddy compressor for ARB use. You can use the ARB pressure switch- it just has to be upstream from the ARB itself. All it does is cut off the power to the compressor when the right pressure is reached. Of course other plumbing options are available, but that is the simplest one.

Don't forget that you also need a switch or valve (manual valves are more reliable) to open and close air pressure to activate & deactivate the ARB

Sorry MistWolf, but I am new. Does the ARB switch come with the locker or will I have to order it? Also, when you say a valve, should this be mounted near the compressor or in the cab?

The pressure switch does not come with the locker and you don't have to order the one from ARB. You can get one from a place that sells stuff for air compressors. What you want is a switch that cuts tot power to the compressor when it reaches about 100 psi and turns power back on when it drops to about 90 PSI. (these settings are approximate. It's not important to be exact, just close enough that the locker stays engaged but not so high on pressure that you blow seals. You also don't want it coming on every 30 seconds.) Find out what pressure the locker needs from ARB.

The manual valve should be plumbed so it can be located in the cab where the driver can easily operate it. After all the valve will be used to operate the locker. You could use an electrical switch with a relay and an electrical valve, but with all the wiring, relays and fuses, something always quits on you and during the most inoportune time

Back