• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

master overhaul kits

mmarriottxj

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased a master overhaul kit 2 years ago when I put in my 4.11's. Is it nessisary to buy them again when I install new 4.88's or would it be a waste of money?

There is a good chance your bearings are fine, but you will definately need to shim the pinion and carrier. Personally I haven't seen shim kits by themselves.

The crush too for the pinion gear.

Get a new kit and put new bearings in it. I t may not be necessary and you might get the old bearings off and on without damaging them. But i think it gives an extra piece of mind. It would be a waste of time and money if you install your gears just to find out after a while that a bearing is not good any more.

Spend the extra money and be safe. :wave1:

yes you can get shim kits only. but I suggest that you at least get a minimum install kit. they come with seals, crush collar, locknut, locktight, marking compound and shims.

Im regearing my D35C and Dana 30. I know they are crap, but its what i have, and a friend of mine has axle shafts for these just laying around his shop. And Im slowly piecing together my D44's ( very slowly ) But I just cant stand these 4.11's, and niether does my xj.

Back