• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5" ZJ coils

logdog

NAXJA Member #703
Any different from the XJ coils? How much net lift is achieved?

an inch more on an xj

These are the exact springs that RE uses in their 5.5" Extreme Duty XJ lift. They net about 5.5-6" of lift. I have them on mine, they flex great and ride so so. I wish they were a bit plusher, but they likely handle a bit better on the road the way they are. Off road performance is superb.

Jared:patriot:

Here is a picture of my XJ with 4.5 ZJ coils.

Jeep_w_new_MTRs_005.sized.jpg

About 5" lift for me, after running them for a good while, but I have quite a bit of weight on the front. My bumper is pretty heavy, the top plate is 5/16". To me, they ride very nicely on the street, but I'd like stiffer springs off road......fine for rocks but soft for going fast.

standard.jpg

bchulett said:
Questions:

What do you have for spacers or isloators on those front springs ?

What springs are you running in the rear ?

Thanks.

I have the stock isolators and the 4.5 ZJ coils in the front.

In the back I have some custom home bru springs. composed of stock and RE add a leaf stuff. I'll take a picture of them later on today.

Goatman said:
About 5" lift for me, after running them for a good while, but I have quite a bit of weight on the front. My bumper is pretty heavy, the top plate is 5/16". To me, they ride very nicely on the street, but I'd like stiffer springs off road......fine for rocks but soft for going fast.

standard.jpg

Yeah Richard they do ride sweet on the road. I will probably do the same thing you had and add a 2 inch spacer front and rear because once I install a front and rear bumper it'll probably drop some. I want to have about 6 to 6.5 after it's all done. Since Robert good his new bussiness will miss swamp but we are planning on going up their sometime in Sept. just with the boy like we did last year. Have fun and take lots of pictures.

bchulett said:
Questions:

What do you have for spacers or isloators on those front springs ?

What springs are you running in the rear ?

Thanks.

Here is a couple of pictures for you.

REAR
Leaf_and_coils_001.sized.jpg

FRONT
Leaf_and_coils_005.sized.jpg

Do the 4.5 zj's ride differently than the 4.5 xj's?

TIA

Fullsizexj said:
Dang them rears look familar :)

Don't they. :shocked: :shocked:

Did you notice something new also the 44 is in.
This picture you can see both of them.
Jeep_w_new_MTRs_004.sized.jpg

Last edited:
Back