• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj Made in Venezuela

Kejtar said:
I found out recently that some south american models had a D44 oin the front!!! :) :)

Actually all XJs have front and rear D44 that were made in Venezuala. That D44 front is high pinion to boot. Currie sells them (or did).

I called Dana Ven to confirm it and get a part number for a project I was working on.

Jeff

Very interesting. Mike in Chile has a '99 XJ Classic (I think -- might have been a 2000). It has a Dana 30 front axle and a Dana 35 rear axle, and it appears the entire vehicle was manufactured in the United States and shipped to Chile. How dumb is this: Chile is a Spanish-speaking country, but the warnings on the sun visors (about being careful not to tip over, etc) are in English!

In Bolivia is equal, to see cherokee of Venezuela is well dificult.

In glasses law "Hecho in Venezuela",

VIN is " 8YCMT###XJV "

But the XJ in general this very well, Cherokee 2002 (Liberty) is Venezuelan by agreements of free commerce between "Comunidad Andina de Naciones (Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia) " Chile not Inside this Agreement!

Sorry, my bad english.

Rodrigo.

Most vehicles sold in South America were actually made in the US.
Rtaboada, did you see an XJ in La Paz? I conn ot remember seeing XJ's in Bolivia but that was before I was into XJ. My wife is from Tarija Bolivia.
Patrick.

Sorry, That should be US vehicles (in the first sentence).

I write at this moment from La Paz, I have a XJ made in Venezuela, but the great majority of XJ is of the United States, also the Police has XJ but of Korean Industry, They are very bad cars !

rtaboada, welcome to NAXJA. You should try to become a full member of this great organisation. Next time I visit my inlaws, (sometime this year) I will try to meet you.
I worked in Bolivia in 1997 and 1998 installing equipment for Telecel in all the major cities.

Patrick.

Back