• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arms not fitting?

Jeepster4wd

NAXJA Forum User
Hey i just put in some 4.5" RE coils and attemping to put on SF LCA's. i was about to put the left side on but the right side the axle seems to have moved back and wont line up with control arm holes what do u recomend i do to fit the control arms to the axle. trackbar and steering are all disconnected.

thanks

I think your saying that one side of the axle is further forward than the other? If so, grap a ratchet strap, hook one end to your x/member and the other around the axle, knuckle, whatever and pull it back into place.

ahh ic. the right side of the axle went backwards towards the control arm. So ratcheting and pulling the left side should straiten out right side??

It makes more sence if you say drivers side or pass. side., but just pull it one way or the other. It should move into possition eventualy.

If the space between the mounts is too short (axle moved back twds frame) get in there with a block of wood and a jack and open things up.

If the space is too long, use a hand winch, ratchet strap etc...and close it up.

If it's just not lining up laterally, woggle the jeep from side to side.

Another trick is to have one partner mash down on the brakes while you rotate the tire (& axle housing along with it) into position.

Hindsight maybe it's better to do the control arms BEFORE the springs? ;) next time...

Back