• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Difference in front/trans MJ vs XJ

Cheropair

NAXJA Forum User
89 MJ 4.0 231 d30/44 long bed-
Been checking into the possibility of using a long arm kit (Claytons, Full Traction, or RE-if they ever make it to production). SOA in the rear is a no brainer, but no one seems to know if the front is EXACTLY the same as an XJ.

Talked to Claytons and Full Traction, and neither has actually used their products on an MJ. I can see that an MJ trans mount is different, and the lower control arm mounts on the body are different. I don't want to spend a lot of money just to :doh: - didn't fit!

Can anyone tell me the difference as it would apply to this situation? :helpme:

dimensionally they're the same, but the crossmember and LCA mounts both have extra supports. For a long-arm kit that requires chopping off the LCA mounts, it will just take a little longer to chop than the XJ mounts, and the crossmember is in the same spot and using the extra supports isn't neccesary, just nice.

Back