• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to rewire battery after moving it inside.

Dano

NAXJA Member #1269
1999 XJ 4.0 auto 231....

I am having a buddy build me a custom sub box where the spare tire goes. and to make it totaly different we are incorporating the Optima red top on the bottom and strapping on an old fire extinguisher on top for OBA.
I already have the 1ga wire to wire the battery form the rear to the front.

My trouble is up front. I had an amp set up before and the connecter I used caused the stock battery to get corrosion started and ate into the wire that goes down to the starter right after it left the battery. Now the XJ has a hard time starting and I actualy have to rev the engine up for a bit to keep it started. then it is fine after that.

Where could I get a distribution block to handle 1ga wire from the battery, the wire that goes to the fuse/relay box, the starter, and the winch?
I am thinking this might solve the starting issues. if not I can eliminate this out of it.
Thanks,
Dan:bunny:

I´ve found boat supply places to be a gold mine, for custom battery hookups.

Back