• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Minnesota

jp_of_fire

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone located in Minnesota? Anyone farmiliar with the ORV Park in Gilbert,MN? I only live about 2 miles away from it. Wondering if anyone is going to attend the Jeep Jamboree there later in the summer/early fall? I am riding stock with 31" tires, but I have a 3" lift going on. I see alot of XJ's in this area, just wondering if any are members?

I'm from Minnesota. North of Brainerd by Pequot Lakes. I've heard of that park in Gilbert but never been there. Kinda stock now and looking for a 3-4" lift. Working on body work/custom front bumper now. :) Later

The Jeep Jamboree should be coming up soon in the next month or two. Usually there is a big thing in the paper, not yet though. They had these pos H2's up there a month ago. My friend, I think, works for McCarthy Hummer in the Twin Cities and was tasked with support for there owner orientation course over the rocks and stuff. Then he had to go and show off with his ext cab GMC and blew out 4 tires on the rocks, and flooded the interior with red water, which turned into red smears on his seats. I figure he deserved the misfortune. I told him this spring to buy his parents 89 Laredo and build it up, but no, likes getting stuck in the long wheelbase. Anybody that works for Hummer/Cadillac is probably a little dense anyway

The Jamboree is Sept 24-26, in Eveleth, MN. I was thinking about going to this one, but a bunch of friends planned a BWCA trip instead. Anybody here go to this event last year? What's a typical day at one of these jamborees like?

Howdy.. I'm up here in Daaah-Lute (Duluth for normal people) I have been up to gilbert a couple of times. I would have to say its a pretty nice place. Lots of everything for everybody. Stock rigs can have a fun time up there, there was a good MN-Jeep.com ride up there a couple months back that was a lot of fun. Don't think i'm going to make it to the Jamboree, paying that much to drive doesn't appeal to me that much.

Just be careful of the rocks.. They like to slice up tires pretty good.
Here are some pics.. sorry about the size, 1.4MB a piece I haven't gotten to resizing them yet.
http://hodge.beevomit.org/Gilbert/

HodgePodge said:
Howdy.. I'm up here in Daaah-Lute (Duluth for normal people) I have been up to gilbert a couple of times. I would have to say its a pretty nice place. Lots of everything for everybody. Stock rigs can have a fun time up there, there was a good MN-Jeep.com ride up there a couple months back that was a lot of fun. Don't think i'm going to make it to the Jamboree, paying that much to drive doesn't appeal to me that much.

Just be careful of the rocks.. They like to slice up tires pretty good.
Here are some pics.. sorry about the size, 1.4MB a piece I haven't gotten to resizing them yet.
http://hodge.beevomit.org/Gilbert/

this is a total longshot, I know duluth is a big place.....know any Soukup's do ya?

anyone from st. johns?

So much for that idea. I am only about a mile from the OHV park, and I am suppose to be out of town that weekend. I guess I don't have the rest of my lift installed anyway. I have a problem with my bushys getting smacked by the front tires when the axle flexes. As soon as my front 3" coils and shocks are on, how sweet will that be! As a daily driver, i am not prepared to screw something up on the front end and not be able to get to school, but dammit, it needs lift! If anyone goes, have fun. Watch out for your tires.

Where in MN are you located wrong1?

I was just recenly in Eveleth and love the country up there but won't be able to make it to the Jamboree this year.

Nice rig HodgePoge... yeah yur pics are plenty big :)

Beezil: I know a couple of Soukup's near Nisswa...

Looks like some of the Jeeps are arriving early! I saw a sweet ass XJ with the snorkel and at least a 4.5" lift in Gilbert tonight. I am hoping I can stick around and at least get a good look at the rigs in town this weekend.

St Paul. I moved here on the idea I had a job 1/2 waiting for me here. Right now I'm starting to think it isn't happening. So we'll see what happens by next week.

I haven't been to Gilbert yet. Some of my friends have been and they said there is plenty of fun stuff for stock to full blown 4x4s. I have see some built XJ's in the west suburbs of the Twin Cities and I hope they are members.

Tim
Maple Grove, MN

I'm plannin on running upto gilbert this weekend with the girlfriend and a guy in a TJ that wants to get out and try some stuff. If any of you guys wanna run with us feel free to come on up. Be a fun time, mostly beginner stuff, don't want to break his Jeep, its all pretty :) No details yet but we are gonna head up friday night after work, and camp out for the weekend. No site yet but we will see what we can do.

Beezil, haven't heard of anyone by that name sorry.

No pictures of my jeep on my site. Well except the black one, and the rolled XJ :( Hopefully I will have someone take my picture some time.:rattle:

Hodge

Hey Guys,

I'm up here in Thunder Bay Ontario. I am bone stock for now, but will be doing the usual stuff. I see you guys are the closest to me regionally so if I head down that way (go to Duluth fairly often) I'll give you guys a shout. There is an OHV in Tofte thats good too, been on it with the mitsu, lots of fun.

Gord

jp_of_fire said:
The Jeep Jamboree should be coming up soon in the next month or two. Usually there is a big thing in the paper, not yet though. They had these pos H2's up there a month ago. My friend, I think, works for McCarthy Hummer in the Twin Cities and was tasked with support for there owner orientation course over the rocks and stuff. Then he had to go and show off with his ext cab GMC and blew out 4 tires on the rocks, and flooded the interior with red water, which turned into red smears on his seats. I figure he deserved the misfortune. I told him this spring to buy his parents 89 Laredo and build it up, but no, likes getting stuck in the long wheelbase. Anybody that works for Hummer/Cadillac is probably a little dense anyway

Somewhere, I saw some photos from that H2 party....there was an H2 stuck with his diff on a stump and a thirty year old CJ-7 pulled him out...with the H2 driver's son shooting a video for the CJ driver. :kissyou:

You know, I've been visiting this board for a while now, and just today scrolled down far enough to see this section! DUUUHH! Nice to see so many Minnesota folk! I'm from Two Harbors myself, about 20 miles up the shore from Duluth. When I finally get the old girl wheel-able again we'll have to get a NAXJA Gilbert run going!

I haven't been on the board for a while, but damn do we have some MN, Canada XJers out there. Outstanding, and we should really get a Gilbert run going or somewhere in our state. Anyone want to organize it?

Well, if anyone wants to meet up, our club will be kicking off the season in Gilbert the weekend of april 16th/17th. Don't know how many of us will be there, but hell...I'm wheelin'!

Back