• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil leaks up the wazoo

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright heres my problem. I'm going to tell you guys all the oil leaks i have had fixed and see what else could still be leakin.

These have been repaired at least once:

Rear Main Seal

Valve Cover Gasket- I did the second time but my valve cover is kind of warped. The first time a cert. mechanic did it and it stopped leakin.

Distributor Gasket or O-Ring or whatever

Oil Filter housing-whole thing gasket and all-might be loose though.

I'm not leakin much anymore but what are the possibilities that could still be leakin?

I think one would be the front main seal. What Else!?

yeah that is a possibility although i think he replaced that when he did the rear main. But thank you i will definitely have someone check that out.

You will NEVER get a warped valve cover to seal properly. I just did a flush and change on the wifes Oldsmobile cutlass transmission last nite, put it up on the lift, dropped the pan and took it over to the parts washer, got it all cleaned up and noticed a big dent running across the pan side to side. Worked it out flat again on the concrete floor with a deadblow hammer, also flattened out the bolt holes from whoever the gorilla was that tightened it up the last time. So far no leaks...

Back