• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need HO 4.0L Exhaust manifold

Yucca-Man

NAXJA Member # 683
Subject says it all - my 96 has a hole-y exhaust manifold, and I need to replace it to help cut down the underhood temps and mileage problems. Anybody got one? Got any recommendations?

Yucca-Man said:
Subject says it all - my 96 has a hole-y exhaust manifold, and I need to replace it to help cut down the underhood temps and mileage problems. Anybody got one? Got any recommendations?
I have seen some replacement manifolds with expansion joints built in to prevent cracking.
They were on ebay, I dont know it they really work but they looked cool. I think they were going for under $200. you might look into one of those.:rof:

I saw a couple of XJs today at Andersens in Greeley that were HO's and had manifolds. I also saw a couple at Pull-n-Save in Denver. Those are your cheapest source other than someone on one of the local boards.

By the way, if you need it welded, I probably can help. I'm not familiar with that exhaust too much. It is steel, right. I can weld it if it is aluminum as well, but I think you might do better with a replacement.

Thanks Tom. Going to have to remove it to weld it though huh? Makes me wonder if it might just be better to find a new one and do the r+r all at once since this is my only non-bicycle transportation...

I've got a perfect OEM one off a 98 with 46k onit
$100
Let me know
I'm in Broomfield

Back