• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Could my A/C compressor be tied to my transmission?

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok some of you may have read my other thread about how I did a rigged job converting my A/C compressor to 134, anyway I just put the 134 on top of r12 residue. Back to the point though, my compressor has been making a lot of noise ever since I did this and it runs rough(it even shakes the floorboard when it's turned on) so could that have made my transmission junk out on me? I'm thinking I sound pretty dumb on this one, but the compressor sounded like it was about to blow bearings, I mean it was bad. My transmission went out on me this last friday and all day I had been running the air. Once again I'm sure this sounds real stupid, but I figured it's worth a shot so if it was the problem I won't turn the thing on after I get my tranny rebuilt.

How much R-134 did you put in your system? You are to put like 85% of the normal R-12 charge. I think you over filled it with refrigerant.

Now you need to go to an ac shop and have them pull a vacuum on the system to get everything out of there to include any air and moisture.

You may of hosed yourself by mixing the Freon with R-134. There an oil you are to put in the system to neutralize the Freon oil. It time for a prefessional. You may be buying a whole new AC system caus eof your short cut.

Get the R-134 out of there, sounds like a bomb ready to explode

So is it literally dangerous? Is there any reason it could be tied to the trasmission or not? Thanks for the help.

I put in two cans at the beginning of last summer then part of the way through the summer i put in an oil charge and then about a week ago i put in another can. I had a place check it out before i did it and they said the system was empty but i still should have evacced it. Im just trying to think though if that would have maybe put more strain on the tranny.

you problly didnt add any pag oil when you converted r-134a will not pick up the mineral oil used by r-12 so you have to add pag on top of it

Back