• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick front drive ok? question

staticrevolution

NAXJA Forum User
Did a quick search but couldnt find anything in the small amount of time I have before I have to go to sleep for work. Long story short blew out another rear axle, this time an older non c-clip 35. Have little choice other than running it in front wheel drive with no rear driveshaft. How long can I go like this? This is my Friday so I should be able to get another rear axle going in the next three days but is this going to kill my tcase or something. Thanks!

As long as you either have the new style t-case tailshaft that doesn't puke ATF without the slip shaft in place, or an SYE, you'll be fine for a couple of days. I've put several hundred miles on mine this way (NP231 w/ SYE.)

If you've got the older style stock t-case tailshaft, you can also tape a pop bottle over the tail shaft. Or some other way to seal it up.

Back