• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.56s, 4:1 and 35" tires

offroadman83

NAXJA Forum User
All that on the stock 30 front and 8.25 29 spline rear axle (locked) in a 98 jeep cherokee. Any of you have this combo?? Do you guys like it? I am really thinking about it, and since i will eventually upgrade the axles anyways, I would not worry about them right now. Let me know if this is worth it---------------Kyle

I won't say anything about strength, but the gearing will be great if you have an auto, can't really speak for a manual. I have 4.88s, auto, stock 2.72:1 t-case, and 35s and just got back from Fordyce yesterday and it crawled awesome. that's with a D44 front and Toyota rear.

i have the 4:1 and 4.56's and 33" tires. offroading works great. almost can get out of my jeep and steer from the outside in 4lo while on the rocks, but that would be very unsafe :shhh: . the 4:1 is nice cause it dosent effect the on road driving, also i have an ax-15 5-speed

If you don't already have the 4.56s in the axles, and you know you're going to replace them, then wait. 4:1 would still be a good idea if you're doing it anyways. I wouldn't put $1000 into axles I was planning on getting rid of.

Back