• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical no start problem?

guy'sxj

NAXJA Forum User
The saturday of Memorial day weekend I hit a crevis pretty hard with my front bumper. My '89 died. When I tried to restart it , it cranked, fired, then just cranked no start. Tried it many times, same thing. I had fuel in the rail. I don't know if I had spark. We disconnected the battery for about a minute and hooked it back up and it started. It ran good. All that weekend it was the same way (at random). It didn't matter if I was on bumpy trails or just sitting still, it did the same. Does anyone have a clue?

TIA
Guy

p.s. Mods if you want to move this go ahead, I didn't know were to put it.

Do you still have the vacuum ball/blimp mounted on the passenger side of the front bumper? If so, a massive hit on the bumper might have cracked the blimp, resulting in a vaccum leak. Dunno if that should be enough to cause a no-start condition, but it's worth a look.

Eagle,
The vac. acc. is mounted on my overflow bottle above my distributor.

Guy

edit: the bumper is so bent it could no longer fit the bottle.

Last edited:
CPS CPS CPS!!!!!!!!! check the cps on the bell housing. i bet that the problem. otherwise look for the ballist resistor its a little white box with 2 wires pluged into it, make sure they are sucure!

stoney

if someone wants to let u borrow theirs that works. otherwise u can jsut buy a new one and put it on. if that doesn't fix the problem the other one will jsut b a spare. because u never know when those are going to go out.

stoney

Back