• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to get 43 count speedo gear for a newer tcase?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Dealer ones go up to 41 and I'd like to get a 43 tooth one ot keep my clutch under warranty (fewer teeth make the miles kick in faster)

with 31s and 4.88s you're worried about your damn clutch? That'd be the last thing I was worried about :D You shouldn't ever have to slip the clutch with that setup. Actually, I can't think of anything I would be worried about with that setup. You won't break the 30's R&P with 31s, and that's the only driveline piece I'd be worried about. Put the 41 tooth in and shutup already :D
thefinger.gif
:D

Safari Ary said:
with 31s and 4.88s you're worried about your damn clutch? That'd be the last thing I was worried about :D You shouldn't ever have to slip the clutch with that setup. Actually, I can't think of anything I would be worried about with that setup. You won't break the 30's R&P with 31s, and that's the only driveline piece I'd be worried about. Put the 41 tooth in and shutup already :D
thefinger.gif
:D

It's not that I'm worried about the gears/clutch combination, but more about the clutch itself. The shop that did my clutch the first time around had to redo it as it started going bad fast cause something as wrong (hard to put a finger on it, but a machined flywheel probably didn't help). Anyways, I'd be good to have the warranty "just in case" :D

Kejtar said:
Dealer ones go up to 41 and I'd like to get a 43 tooth one ot keep my clutch under warranty (fewer teeth make the miles kick in faster)
-------------------------------------------------------
98XJ Sport with about 4.5+" lift on 31's and 4.88's with detroits front and rear
Interesting, I thought I was the only one running 31's and 4.88's with f/r lockers - even if only temporarily until I get my 35's installed. Like you, I wasn't able to find the speedo gear I needed (my calculations were that I needed 44 teeth). The parts guy said they were discontinued for the early models. Anyway, my whole vehicle is out of warranty, so I don't worry about mileage racking up - but, for the speedometer I have to remember that it is 50% off (high) . . . 45 MPH indicated is actually 30 MPH's, 60 indicated is 40, 90 is 60, etc.

Call randy ring and pinion, they have them I think. :phone:

Kejtar said:

Beezil said:
51-spline speedo gears are 147% stronger than 43 count gears.

How much shipped to 90210?

Back