• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mastercraft Seats

DaffyXJ

NAXJA Member #929
Anyone installed Mastercraft Seats in their XJ? Got the seats, got the brackets and of course got no directions. Searched web, found no write ups. There is either a trick I can't see or need different brackets.
Parts are from Rusty's, same as most places that sell them ie mastercraft, quadratek etc.
Long week end, so I either figure it out or reinstall seats till next week.
Thanks
Derik

01 XJ, 8+ lift, D-44 rear, 4.56s 35" MTRs, yada yada yada.
Hardrockcrawlers.org

DaffyXJ said:
Anyone installed Mastercraft Seats in their XJ? Got the seats, got the brackets and of course got no directions. Searched web, found no write ups. There is either a trick I can't see or need different brackets.
Parts are from Rusty's, same as most places that sell them ie mastercraft, quadratek etc.
Thanks
Derik

Hardrockcrawlers.org

How about doing a write-up when you figure it out :D
Billy

i ordered a mastercraft Rubicon seat and bracket through kevinsoffroad.com... when I tried installing it with the bracket in my '87, it didn't fit worth a damn- I ended up having to cut apart and re-weld the seat bracket to line up with the existing mount, and drill new holes. after that, it fit great! :D :wow:

DaffyXJ said:
Thanks
Derik

Hardrockcrawlers.org

DaffyXJ said:
Thanks
Derik

Hardrockcrawlers.org

Got the seats in my XJ. Do you still need a write up? Let me know. If so, I will post later today

Urban Red,
Yes Please! :wave1: Especially if you installed 4 points as well. Have a roll bar coming for the shoulder harness but tips on locations for the lap belt won't hurt. Major issue is the seat width and bracket mounting.

Thanks
Derik

or you can mail to
[email protected]

DaffyXJ said:
Urban Red,
Yes Please! :wave1: Especially if you installed 4 points as well. Have a roll bar coming for the shoulder harness but tips on locations for the lap belt won't hurt. Major issue is the seat width and bracket mounting.

Thanks
Derik

or you can mail to
[email protected]
I didn't do the 4 points, just the seats. What is your problem with the mounting? Let me know, I'm looking for my write up. The width wasn't a problem, it is tight but they will fit.

How do you all like them?

I love them. They are comfortable, support excellent espically with the adjustable lumbar back. You don't feel half of the small bumps in the road(expansion joints). I feel that they are well worth the $$. I'm hoping that they come out with the cover for the back seat of the XJ so my seats match. They have them for the fold and tumble XJ/TJ/YJ seats, but not us...yet.

Urban Redneck said:
I'm hoping that they come out with the cover for the back seat of the XJ so my seats match.

Yea...I hate it when the back seats don't match the front. Besides, I heard that unmatched seats can cause Death Wobble.

Rev :laugh2:

Urban Redneck said:
I'm hoping that they come out with the cover for the back seat of the XJ so my seats match. They have them for the fold and tumble XJ/TJ/YJ seats, but not us...yet.

Come again?
If you can't find an XJ one, use the XJ/TJ/YJ you spoke of.
teasing.jpg

Hasta.

Last edited:
bgcntry72 said:
Come again.
Hasta.

That's what they said. They say that the backseats in a YJ/TJ are a different size the ones in a XJ. I only speak of what I was told by Mastercraft. I would like my front seats and the back seat covers to match.

MuddinXJ said:
urb do you still have those seats in your xj. when i looked at it today it didnt look like you had the seats. maybe it was just me.

Yeah, I still have the MC Rubicons. I had the covers on so they wouldn't get trashed.

All done, close this thread.
Just an orientation issue with the brackets. Seats are in and feel good. Look smart too. Lap belts went right in, just need to fabricate a mounting point for the shoulder harnesses. That way when it goes over in two weeks I'll at least stay put.

Cut what you can, armor the rest.

Derik

Back