• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who Has Done It??

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
WHO has installed the Daystar 1.75 Shackle/spring extender lift on their stock XJ?? (not in addition to OTHER lifts)

I know it's easy and inexpensive but what tires are you running and do you get rub at full crank?

30X9.5's would be nice 31's nicer of course.

I currently run Cooper 235-75R15's (on stock steel) and have minimal rub at full crank.

All you Daystar fans please chime in!!

Rob

You can do it!

That's almost what I have on my wife's XJ, 93' 4.0 AT. I have the 3/4" and 1-3/4" stacked. So a little over 2" up front and I have an AAL in the rear.

It clears the 31's for onroad use, I do get some rub on the front fender flares when turning and going in reverse.

For wheels I have 3.75 backspacing on15x8's.

If you used your OEM wheels they would be tucked in pretty well. The only rubbing would most likely be on the LCA's.

I only recomend doing this for just on-road. If you go offroad, prepare to trim heavily, otherwise your tires will do it for you. ;)

Goodluck

Is this the budget boost that Quadratec sells?

If so, be careful. The front coil spacers are 1-3/4" but the rear shckles are only 1". This lift is designed to be used with the coil spacer replacing the stock coil cushion, not in addition to it, and it's really a 1" lift. If you run both the new spacer and OEM cushion you'll get 1/3/4" in front, but I think you'll only get 1" in the rear.

Eagle said:
Is this the budget boost that Quadratec sells?

If so, be careful. The front coil spacers are 1-3/4" but the rear shckles are only 1". This lift is designed to be used with the coil spacer replacing the stock coil cushion, not in addition to it, and it's really a 1" lift. If you run both the new spacer and OEM cushion you'll get 1/3/4" in front, but I think you'll only get 1" in the rear.

yup, thats what daystar told me

depending on the condition of your stock springs, youre gonna get rubbing. no real big deal though.

Rocketman said:
I know it's easy and inexpensive but what tires are you running and do you get rub at full crank?

30X9.5's would be nice 31's nicer of course.

Rubbing when the steering is turned to full lock has nothing at all to do with lift height -- it's a function of tire width and wheel backspacing. I run 30x9.50s on my '88 XJ with no lift. I get very minor rubbing at full steering lock, and no rubbing when the suspension compresses (I'm running the tall Up Country bump stops in the rear). You'll have no problems running 30x9.50s with the daystar lift.

Back