• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have to cut up a new snorkel!

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Well guys the latest snorkel arrived last night for me to try. I am going to do my best to do a write up for it and make a template. To make it as accurate as possible I will have to cut the section that goes through the guard and also cut part of the front face off so I can mark through the mounting nuts onto the template! Just seems criminal :(

PetrolSnorkel 002.jpg

PetrolSnorkel 003.jpg

The petrol one has had the part that goes straight through the guard moved back so that it clears the washer bottle.

Will have to cut it up similar to the diesel one I am helping them with at the moment as well below! The diesel one below will run inside the guard as there is no washer bottle on that side.

DieselSnorkel 003.jpg

DieselSnorkel 006.jpg

DieselSnorkel 007.jpg

So the AirFlow is just waiting for your mounting template before they are ready? How long do you think? I know Dirk's still waiting to hear from them.

GottaBeJeep said:
So the AirFlow is just waiting for your mounting template before they are ready? How long do you think? I know Dirk's still waiting to hear from them.
Going to start to do the template tomorrow and hope to post it back to them on Friday or Monday. They will then have to recieve the order from Dirk and then produce the snorkels. I think it was only one an hour that they do.

Hey GoJeep, what part of Oz do you live? Just curious.

ballzak said:
I would love to see your rig mocked up with dual snorkels, get us a pic would ya?? :roflmao:

In australia the driver (and airbox) is on the right side.

So I have just finished the template and the instructions for it. Will post to Airflow tomorrow so hope it wont take too long from here to get to Dirk. It is out of my hands now. The airbox is on the same side as in the USA for the petrol models but the diesel models have it on the other side. The one I just cut up to make the template and instructions for is the Petrol model which was not shown in the pictures above on the car. I will be available from Dirk at www.dpgoffroad.com as soon as they are made and sent over to him. I have no idea on price and neither does Dirk until the frieght cost is known!

Kensnorkel.jpg

They will be the same as this one but now with the Airflow label. The only change has been that the hose know comes through the guard a couple of inches earlier so the washer bottle inside the guard can be left in place.

could you or dirk be sure to let us all now when they do become available and what the price will be. i read what you just said so i know the situation, but would just love to be informed instead of having to keep checking. i hope i have enough patience to wait, been looking at the ARB but i like the airflow better. hope its not too long!

Ramsey said:
could you or dirk be sure to let us all now when they do become available and what the price will be. i read what you just said so i know the situation, but would just love to be informed instead of having to keep checking. i hope i have enough patience to wait, been looking at the ARB but i like the airflow better. hope its not too long!

Will do my friend. I will post it on this site as soon as Dirk gets them. ;)

Dual Snorkels - the ultimate high-flow cool air induction!!

Gojeep said:
Will do my friend. I will post it on this site as soon as Dirk gets them. ;)

thanks a lot

Back