• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would this be good for a tow hook

mike86xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a pair of tow rings and was wondering if they would be strong enough for the front of my xj?

the writing on them says
swl 4t hw 70 ce m30 a8
(can anyone tell me what that means?)

it is a threaded shank ring
the threaded part is 1 1/8" in diameter
the ring is 3 3/4" od, 1 3/4" id, 7/8" thick

comparing them to the 10,000lb tow hooks you get at auto parts stores theese look 10x as beefy, they weigh about 5lbs ea

any input would be greatly appreciated

those are eye bolts made for lifting very heavy stuff.we use them at work to lift,machine bases,robots etc.you could easily lift your whole jeep with 1 of those if you could find a spot solid enough.there probably rated 8,000 lbs+ dead lift wieght.i believe the translation for the #'s is . safe work load-4tons(8000lbs)70ce?,30 millimeter shank, a8?.i know for sure a 7/8 shank eye bolts working load limit (dead lift)is 10600lbs.so yes the would be a plenty strong tow point(major over kill).the hard part will finding a place to mount those bad boys.

Mike - where would you mount them? I'd like to see them mounted. Sounds kinda cool.

I have to figure out where to mount them yet.
I'm making my own front bumber so it shouldnt be too hard

it's gonna take a while though, just saved enough money to get the brackets cut on a cnc

Back