• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full circle clips for u-joints

bradlyw

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, i searched but couldnt find the answer.

what is the best size full circle clip to use on a 297/760 u-joint. really wanting to do this simple upgrade and want to make sure i do it right.

TIA

Brad

I took my spare 297 joint out of the toolbag and pulled a 'c-clip' out to take with me to the store. We have a local nut and bolt store that has every fastener under the sun for fairly reasonable prices. I went there and we matched one up to the 'c-clip'.

I did the same as mbryson. Folks say that it needs to be a metric clip, but the 1" clips at Ace fit snugly on my 760's.

Sean

Here's what they look like.
Snap%20ring.jpg

A little work with a hack saw and dremil tool is all that's need to get them to fit. A very worthwhile mod.

Jes

Yep, this is what i have done with my D30 and i only broke a u-joint running 38.5s when my lockright skipped teeth and created shock loads.

The best and cheapest mod you can do to your front axles.:cool:

Jes said:

A little work with a hack saw and dremil tool is all that's need to get them to fit. A very worthwhile mod.

Jes

Those are externals -- how the heck are you using those in u-joints?

OneTonXJ said:
I did the same as mbryson. Folks say that it needs to be a metric clip, but the 1" clips at Ace fit snugly on my 760's.

Sean

It's 30mm clip. If someone needs them just pm/email me I have some extras.

mark
orgs mfg

Eagle said:
Of course they're externals or they wouldn't work. :)
Look closely at the axle on the right...
Axleshafts.jpg

Jes

Jes said:
Snap%20ring.jpg

Jes

You used a hacksaw to modify the axle ears? I used a cut-off wheel on a miter saw......VVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRRYYYY carefully....

The dremel might be quite cool, however.

Eagle said:

Eagle has obviously been lucky enough to have never broken a front axle u-joint. ;)

:D You mean never replaced a u-joint :D

Back